Tap into your own soul’s wisdom with an Akashic Records reading. The Akashic Records is an energetic library that holds information pertaining to each Soul’s journey throughout time. The Records can help illuminate each person’s path from the Soul’s perspective.
Readings can be particularly helpful when one is going through major life transitions, difficult challenges, feeling stuck, or needing guidance in any area of one’s life. Akashic Records readings can help reveal underlying causes to seemingly unsolvable challenges, and provide the healing energy, insight and information necessary to bring deep healing and peace to any situation.
One-hour sessions are available via an office visit, by phone or Skype video chat. Contact me to schedule your reading today, or schedule online!
Have you ever woken up in the morning, feeling on top of the world, only to realize later that you’re feeling slightly sick and heavy? Do you ever feel like the energy has literally been sucked out of you after a heavy conversation with a friend who’s going through troubling times, and suddenly you are feeling as bad as your friend? Or perhaps you were feeling just fine until you walked through an airport, shopping mall or some other place that is filled with lots of people, and you feel not-so-great afterwards?
These are some signs that you have unconsciously taken on other people’s energies, emotions, or problems. You may be naturally sensitive or empathic, but you don’t have to put up with other people’s “stuff.”
Energy hygiene is very much like physical hygiene. Many of us have been taught to take a daily shower or bath to cleanse ourselves. It is equally important to develop habits to clean ourselves energetically as well. When there is dirt on our physical bodies, we wash it away. We should do the same when we take on other peoples’ heavy emotions or energies.
First, ask yourself, “Are these feelings mine?” If you’re not sure, think about how you were feeling earlier in the day, consider any conversations or interactions you may have had with other people that might have contributed to your current state. See if you can pinpoint at which time you started to feel the way you do.
Here are some ways you can keep your own energies clear and pure; you can try them singly or use them in any combination as necessary:
1) Get physically clean. Take a shower, finishing with a cold rinse. During your shower, imagine you are standing underneath a shower of rainbow light that is washing away all energies that are heavy, negative, or simply, not serving you. Visualize that energy being washed permanently down the drain and eventually making its way back into the earth, where it will be neutralized.
2) Say a prayer to your Higher Power. Ask for your energy be purified, cleansed and brought back to the highest vibration possible.
3) Take a smudge stick, light it and wave it around your body, taking care to watch for any embers that may drop onto the floor. A prayer that I have been taught (by Reiki Master Kate Linker) and have used effectively over the years:
I am filled with and surrounded by the Pure White Light of God’s* healing love .
Only good can come to me, only good can go from me.
I give thanks, I give thanks, Thank You, Mother-Father-God.
(*insert your own name for higher power here)
As you say the prayer, imagine a waterfall of light filling you up from the inside out, and imagine a bubble of light surrounding you wherever you go.
4) Get a Reiki treatment, or any other type of energy work, which will help you release whatever it is you have taken on from others. Reiki can help restore balance and fortify you.
5) Spend time in nature. Sit underneath a tree to ground yourself, or watch the sun set. Being surrounded by nature is naturally healing, and can help bring you back into balance.
6) Get physical. Physical activity can help you recalibrate not only your physical energy, but also your emotional and mental energies. Exercise can help you release any pent up anxiety, emotional heaviness, or worry, creating room for higher, finer emotions and energies to flow into you.
It is easy to forget to pay attention to the little details that can truly enrich our daily experiences. Our attention is often occupied by events that happened last week, month or year, or even by worries of what will happen in the future. We forget or may never realize that the greatest power we hold is in the moment.
One way to connect to the power of each moment is to ground oneself. Grounding is the state of being completely in your body, aware of physical sensations, and being present mentally and emotionally. Aside from the health benefits grounding provides, such as stress reduction, you’ll feel calmer and more in control of your environment. Your breathing will change once you are able to relax your body, mind and emotions. Grounding is useful when you notice you are feeling any of the following:
- in a rush
- stressed out
- running on adrenaline
There are numerous ways to ground – the important thing is to find a method that truly works for you. I’ve included two ways you can experiment with: Tree Hugging , and Visualization Meditation.
Hug a Tree
This exercise will require a nice looking tree that you wouldn’t mind putting your arms around, as well as some privacy, if you’re the type to feel self conscious hugging a tree in public (you can also sit at the base of the tree, or lean your back against the trunk). When you have found yourself a good tree, wrap your arms are around the trunk. Close your eyes and take at least three deep breaths, loosening your muscles at the same time.
If possible, remove your shoes so your feet are making full contact with the earth. Begin by acknowledging any negativity you may have stored in your system – thoughts of worry, anxiety, past hurts, grudges, other people’s energies, physical pain, etc., and then one by one, release them into the earth, watching them sink deep into the soil beneath you. Imagine that energy being soaked up and neutralized by the earth’s healing energies.
When you’re ready, imagine the healing energy of the earth begin rising up through the soles of your feet; you can imagine this energy as having a color, even a certain texture. Feel this energy rising up through your limbs, into your torso, arms, shoulders, neck and your head, and then out through the crown of your head.
Next, visualize pure healing white light from the universe streaming down into you through the crown of your head. Imagine this light flowing throughout your body, and sink into the ground through the soles of your feet. See the two energies mixing within your body, harmonizing and balancing your energies. Allow both energies to run for a few minutes.
Don’t forget to breathe deeply and slowly while you’re doing this. You might feel tingling, buzzing, warmth or energy coursing through your body, all of which is normal. If you find yourself getting dizzy, slow down the energy flow, and take it easy for a few minutes. When you are feeling balanced and calm, slowly bring yourself back to the present, and detach yourself from the tree gently. Thank the tree for its assistance, as well as Mother Earth for her healing and loving energies.
You may do this exercise standing, laying down or sitting on a chair with your feet flat on the floor.
Begin by breathing into your muscles, bones and organs until you are feeling calm and quiet. Bring your attention to the soles of your feet as you imagine roots growing out from them and extending slowly through the floor and into the earth. Watch them move deeper and deeper into the earth until they hit the magnetic core center.
Allow your body to feel the effects of gravity as it gets heavier and pulls you down, draining any tension, stress, negative emotions and energies out of your system. Let them sink into the earth through your roots and continue to breathe deeply. Instead of forcing your breath, allow your breath to breathe you.
Now that you are completely relaxed, slowly imagine a ball of healing earth energy gathering at the end of your roots, and see it moving through your roots towards your feet. Allow as much time as you need in order to visualize this ball of energy reaching the soles of your feet. Feel it traveling up through your limbs and into your abdomen and let it pause there for a moment.
Take some time to get used to this energy and observe its physical, emotional and mental effects on you. Explore the texture of this energy, and the colors that may accompany it. Immerse yourself in this feeling, and when you’re ready, visualize this ball of energy expanding slowly until you are completely enveloped by it, like a bubble.
Let this ball continue to grow until it reaches about three to four feet from your physical body. Soak in the healing energies and know that you are safe and in control of your environment. You may stay in this state for as long as you need.
When you’re ready, slowly wiggle your toes; rock your feet side to side, back and forth gently, until you can easily lift your feet up. Imagine those roots you just planted into the earth gently dislodging from your feet. Gently bring the rest of your body back to the present by wiggling and stretching them. Thank the Mother Earth for sharing her healing energies with you.
Every day we have numerous opportunities to be overwhelmed with stress, whether it’s the major traffic jam during our commute, or the annoying neighbor upstairs who prefers to stomp their way through the apartment all night long. For most of us, small stressors are easily handled and overlooked. However, when we are exposed to numerous small stressors that are not dealt with over a long period of time without relief, our physical, mental and emotional health begins to suffer.
What are some of the things that happen within our bodies when we’re stressed? To begin with, we can count on an increased heart rate, rapid breathing, increased blood pressure, feelings of anxiety, tight muscles, headaches, fatigue, insomnia, and so on.
Medical research has already determined that over 80% of illnesses are caused by or made worse by stress alone! Think about the enormity of that fact.
So what are some of the things that we can do to keep our stress levels in check? Here are some of my favorite strategies:
- Slow down! Take a few moments every day to breathe mindfully, appreciate the beauty of the moment and where you happen to be in the whole scheme of your life.
- Be thankful for all that you have. Gratitude opens your heart and allows energy to flow within your body. With it, comes more relaxed breathing patterns, and a tendency to focus on what’s good in your life, rather than what isn’t.
- Exercise – moving your body and sweating allows for better circulation, releases toxins, and can help provide a safe outlet for suppressed aggression.
- Cultivate a spiritual life – it doesn’t matter whether you are religious or not. Spirituality is the development of your spirit – the part of you that knows joy, love, and abundance on every level.
- Treat your body right! Healthy diet, good sleep, and down time can go a long way.
- Spend time with people who inspire you, and believe in the best of you. You’ll feel uplifted, optimistic and supported.
- Get regular body or energy work – that half sleepy/awake state most people fall into allows for deep healing to take place. Plus, it just feels so good!
- Spend quality time with your pet- a cat’s purr or a dog’s happy wagging tail can erase the worst of a bad day!